Saturday, May 9, 2009

From A Child's Heart

A daddy was listening to his child's prayers. "Dear Harold..."

"Wait a minute, honey, how come you called God 'Harold'?" The little girl looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in church. You know the prayer we say, 'Our Father, Who art in heaven, Harold (Hallowed) be Thy name..,'"

And then there was this particular four year-old who prayed, "And forgive us our trash baskets (tresspasses) as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

A five year-old and his playmates had found a dead bird and were giving it a Christian funeral. The burial spot was dug and the five year-old was selected to say the appropriate prayer. So, with dignity he intoned his version of what he thought his father always said, "Glory be to the Faaaather, and to the Sonnn.... and into the hole you gooo (Holy Ghost)."

And finally the realist: "Dear God, please take care of my daddy and my mummy and my sister and my brother and my doggy and me. Oh yes, please take care of Yourself, God. If anything happens to You, we're gonna be in a big mess."

From the Book: World's Greatest Collection of Church Jokes

No comments: