Friday, August 24, 2012

A Modern Psalm For the Very Tired Modern Man

I like things to be simple and easy, as in the old days when I was still young, naive in every way. I wish I could go back, a child again. Now things are no longer simple, some things are to be avoided, some to be considered, and some to be accepted.

When I look at the sky, I wonder if God is watching me, I try to do what I can, I try to do what is right.

Yet I know that I am weak, often faltering in my effort to be good, a broken creature, sustained by a thread of faith, hoping to be perfect someday.

Maybe I care too much about what others may say, and maybe I don't care enough about them, no one knows what it's like to be me, except those in similar situation, maybe. There's a prayer in my heart that says to God I want to do Your will but it is so difficult.

I have learned to cope with the reality of life, I have tried to be positive about my situation, and have also tried not to fear the unknown future, will I make it or will I fall, only God knows. All I can do now is keep on going and leave everything in His hands.

Author: Susanna C. Chung from her book "A handful of sands"

No comments: